[RC] Recall on puppy milk replacers and Weaning Formula - Patricia Israelson

I am posting this from another list I belong to.  THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!  Please be aware of this recall.
Patty Israelson

? http://www.mannapro .com/ click on the words at the very top of the page
"click here for information on Unimilk"

PLEASE CROSSPOST TO ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO HAS LIVESTOCK OR KNOWS SOMEONE ELSE
WHO DOES. This needs to get out since the Manna Pro Corporation does not seem
to feel the need to alert it's distributors and doesn't have a CLEAR warning on
their website.

Subject: FW: Puppy Milk Replacers and Weaning Formula recall

In case anyone is using this for puppies...I have to wonder now if this will
also start effecting the kitten milk replacers too.

Permission to crosspost granted

URGENT BREEDER ALERT

BEWARE PUPPY MILK REPLACERS AND WEANING FORMULA

by Robert Jay Russell, Ph.D., Coton de Tulear Club of America Pre sident
CotonNews@aol. <mailto: CotonNews@aol. com> com
www.CotonClub. <http://www.cotonclu b.com/> com

April 26th, 2007. I was monitoring a livestock email list today when I
noticed a post by one of the members who was looking for milk replacer for
her kids (goats). She wrote:

Recently I had some kids born and mother refused them. Not having
enough milk from mother to feed these kids I went to Milk
Replacer. I usually use Land-O-Lakes Kid Milk Replacer but could not
find any anywhere. I went to Tractor Supply Company (TSC) and purchased two
10# bags of MannaPro UNIMILK. I have since lost one kid. I happened to be
talking to a friend in Indiana about
what happened and she asked me what replacer I was using, so I told
her...This is when I found out that brand had a RECALL notice. I
searched through the information and found that INDEED the bags I
purchased were part of that recall. I Called the TSC store and they
had no idea anything had a recall on it. I printed the info out and
the next day I took everything into the store to prove to them. The
recall has been in place since 3-30-07. All the Unimilk was still on
the shelf, not taking my word for it. I showed the manager the
printout and he searched the TSC website and found no alerts. He
said he would give me my money back for both bags but he couldn't do
anything about the kid. Yesterday I stopped at a friends house and
found they she was using UNIMILK for a calf... She got it at TSC
about 2 weeks ago. Why wasn't TSC informed? And then when they
were? Why didn't they do anything about it?

Dr. Russell continues:

I went on the Manna Pro corpo ration web site today and had a very difficult
time finding a tiny button which stated "Information about Manna Pro Milk
Replacer" (nothing about "Alert" or "Recall" or Danger"). This is what that
MannaPro information page stated:

Manna Pro has a heritage of quality and takes pride in maintaining the
highest quality standards for the products it produces and sells under the
Manna Pro brand name.

Very recently, a few customers have reported that, when mixed with water,
the Unimilk they purchased turns light grey in color rather than the
characteristic creamy white. As we have investigated these consumer calls,
we have identified that a single batch of Unimilk is affected by this issue.

The lot codes for this product are listed below.

PLEASE IMMEDIATELY DESTROY ANY PRODUCT YOU HAVE WITH THESE LOT CODES.
Unimilk, 3.5# Poly Bag Unimilk, 10# Paper Bag
LOT CODE: AB707AZ LOT CODE: A020707AZ
LOT CODE: AB707BZ LOT CODE: A020707B Z
LOT CODE: AB707CZ LOT CODE: A020807AZ
LOT CODE: AB708AZ LOT CODE: A020807BZ
LOT CODE: AB708BZ LOT CODE: A020907AZ
LOT CODE: AB708CZ LOT CODE: A020907AZ
LOT CODE: AB709AZ LOT CODE: A021007AZ
LOT CODE: AB709BZ LOT CODE: A021007BZ
LOT CODE: AB709CZ LOT CODE: A021207AZ
LOT CODE: AB710AZ LOT CODE: A021207BZ
LOT CODE: AB710BZ
LOT CODE: AB710CZ
LOT CODE: AB712AZ
LOT CODE: AB712BZ
LOT CODE: AB712CZ

All Manna Pro products are Satisfaction Guaranteed, and we will be happy to
offer you a full refund. Simply cut the lot code numbers from the bottom of
the bag, and send in to Manna Pro Products, 707 Spirit 40 Park Dr., Suite
150, Chesterfield, MO 63005, attn: Suze L.
continued in next post.........