[RC] American River 70 tidbit - sherman

Buddy, a 20 yr old grade horse, in first place all day, won’t be listed as the first place horse because his trail challenged owner missed a vet check! Buddy had A’s all day, including the completion check, with a 44/48 CRI on a ride that had a very high pull rate due to the sudden heat & no time to condition for it. Many kudos to Buddy for his great performance, even if it won’t be listed as such in the records.

I train with Dan & Buddy and my horse, Sonny, didn’t get his completion at the 50 due to thumping. At that point, 6 horses had already been pulled for thumping, sort of a record in this area at least, where the vets might get one horse in 6 rides. We came in 17th, so there were many still to come behind us, don’t know the final pull rate or if there were more thumpers after Sonny. It’ll be interesting to get the rest of the story from those who were there.

Kathy