Re: [RC] Vosals - Don Huston

The vosal is supposed to work just like the bosal by pulling on the face but the vosal is jointed in the middle of each side and will apply more pressure to the jaw bones than a bosal. The vosal is also metal on the bottom parts without the large knot under the jaw. I tried it thinking that it could be left on all day during an endurance ride and I would not need a halter but the metal parts made it very dangerous for standard halter use. Since I would still need to remove it and need a halter there was no point in retraining my horse (had no whoa) to use a vosal since he goes just fine in a grazing bit. That was 5-6 years ago and the darn thing has dissolved somewhere in my tack shed or I would give it to you. :-[
Don Huston