[RC] New FEI rules - Lynn White

Title: New FEI rules

"So now the question is
where are the FEI rides to qualify in 10:40 going to be held?????"

Here is my idea:  Ride management can fine a flat one-mile race track and put a chalk like down the center of it.  Have the riders do 50 laps clockwise and 50 laps counter clockwise.  We could have an official lap counter for each horse/rider team so that the rider will know when he/she has done a vet check interval.  All vet checks can be in the center of the track.  Hey, it’s flat, it’s simple and the footing is good. It will be just like NASCAR!

Personally, I don’t think I’d like to pull a horse trailer across the USA to ride something like that…kind of boring, and I don’t think we’d attract crowds anyway (at least the ones that sport The Stars and Bars).  Guess I’ll stick to “to finish is to win” and enjoy the slower technical courses along with the fun folks ("real endurance" to me).  FEI isn’t much of an attraction or goal to me anymore, and they obviously don't need my money.  I guess I don’t want to get “on board.”