RE: [RC] [Endurance Riding: News] FEI CoC for 2008 WEC - 10:40 and 12 months! - Karen Franklin

“The FEI has modified the qualification requirements competitors much achieve to participate in the 2008 World Endurance Championship. These requirements have been change to necessitate the achievement of the FEI Certificate of Capability (CoC) with in 12 months of the event.

Additionally, the CoC time for 2008 WEC qualification has changed from 13 hours and 20 minutes (per 160km) to 10 hours 40 min!”

Okay, as a newbie here, can someone please explain to me what the FEI Certificate of Capability is?  Does it essentially state that a horse and rider team is fit to compete in other FEI sanctioned events, or is specifically for the WEC?  Also, I assume that a horse and rider team has to meet the 10:40 ride time at the Malaysia ride in order to qualify to compete in the ’08 WEC – is that all there is to the new time limit at this particular ride, or does this time limit apply to other rides required for qualification for the ’08 WEC?  It’s all a confusing tangle to me, without the fact that the gulf between FEI events and your average “to finish is to win” ride has just surpassed the Grand Canyon.

Karen

Fort Worth, TX