[RC] training time - Spottedracer

How many days a week is reasonable for me to expect my trainer to work
>with him? I have a woman who wants to come to my house and use my
>facilities, which makes me more comfortable but she can only come 3
>days a week.

***All depends on the personality of the horse... I've had some horses who NEEDED 5-6 hours per week (1 hour per day) to train out well - and still took 6 months-12months to become 'youth mounts'. Then I have had horses like my Fino - whom I could only work with 1 hour per week all winter... Basically ended up riding her for just 30 minutes per week for 4-5 months, but she remembered and accepted everything in stride. Now the advanced kids are riding her (just one day a week...) and she's almost ready to be a lesson mount...

You just need to know the temperament..
- LP