[RC] questions for trainers - Spottedracer

Around here, certifications do not impress many people (most know that all horses do not respond the same..)

Here's the questions people always asked me (when I trained for a living)

1. References from people that I've trained 2 or more horses for.
2. What competition have I trained horses for?
3. What awards in competition have horses I've trained received?
4. Can they come, see and see ridden 2-or-more horses I've trained that are currently on my farm?
5. What METHODS of 'guru trainers' do I use and recommend (most clients are looking for a MINIMUM of three different names/methods)
6. What organizations have I been licensed/pro-member of ? (things like: NBHA, NRHA, IPRA, Jockey club.... etc..places that clients can call and check records with.)

And the number one way to KNOW a trainer is good - get a recommendation for a trainer that a friend of yours has used...

The most important thing around here: established reputation over many years/decades..

- LP