Re: [RC] Dually or not? - Mary Ann Spencer

The problem with listening to the salesmen is that MOST don't even haul anything, let alone a horse trailer.  One really needs to listen to others with the experience and do research.  One guy told me that the duelly has 6 tires to maintain BUT you will probably go thru more tires with the wt on 2 rather than 4 tires... If you have any high winds, the duelly is more stable.  We all must decide what our prorities are and the risks we are willing to take.
----- Original Message -----
From: Tx Trigger
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2007 6:15 AM
Subject: [RC] Dually or not?

We have a 9.5' camper, 4 horse bumper pull. Have had this set up for 12 years, and before that an 8' with 2 horse bumperpull. I personally would always want a dually for a camper and trailer.  Much more stable. Also consider having airbags added to truck.  But some truck salesmen will tell you that a non dually would be fine....  And some haul that way. I just prefer the extra stability. High winds can really push you around, and this is where I really see the difference.

Jonni in TX