Home Current News News Archive Shop/Advertise Ridecamp Classified Events Learn/AERC
Endurance.Net Home Ridecamp Archives
[Archives Index]   [Date Index]   [Thread Index]   [Author Index]   [Subject Index]

Re: [RC] [RC] gooseneck/license - Kathie Ford - Kassandra DiMaggio

Title: Re: [RC]   [RC] gooseneck/license - Kathie Ford
In California a CDL is “California Drivers License”.   A California Commercial DL is having a CDL with a class A or B (depends on what you’ll be driving) endorsement on the license.  If your trailers GVWR is 10,000 or more you need at least a class B.

A few years back I had an 8’ Sundowner living quarters trailer, 3 hrs slant.  The GVWR was 9999 lbs.  Therefore a class C (which is everything but commerc. And motorcycle) was all I needed.

I do agree with previous persons who said you will be in a lot of trouble if you are caught in an accident.  No, most officers are not actively seeking out these types of violations, however, you must never say never.  What about the new officer fresh out of the academy? Or the one who just got his/her commercial enforcement training?  Some officers are very passionate about their job, like we are about our horses!  Always better to air on the side of caution.  Commercial fines are very, very expensive.


On 4/20/07 12:57 PM, "Susan" <glenn218@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

NO, a California Driver's License would be CADL.  A CDL is a Commercial Driver's License.  But, maybe in CA...?

D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson <liberty4640@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  
I am confused.  CDL = California Driver's License.  Therefore, you should have one if you are driving ANYTHING!

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan Young, The Princess of Pink
Your Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

Re: [RC] [RC] gooseneck/license - Kathie Ford, Susan