Home Current News News Archive Shop/Advertise Ridecamp Classified Events Learn/AERC
Endurance.Net Home Ridecamp Archives
[Archives Index]   [Date Index]   [Thread Index]   [Author Index]   [Subject Index]

Re: [RC] that rpm 'thingy' is called a tachometer - Sharon Levasseur

Going up hills is when mine gets up to 3k.  Automatic transmission with a
Tow/Haul button that I always use.
-Sharon L.

Quoting "Kearby, Kate G Civ 748 CBSG/IS" <Kate.Kearby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Crusing it should read about 2000-2200 RPM , if you are winding it out
to 3000 very much.  Should be when you are picking up speed to get on
hiway or just before you shift up.  More than that I'd be hunting a
bigger truck and in the meantime keep an eye on things like engine oil
temp.  the higher rpm's, that's revolutions per minute your engine is
going, the more gas you are using.  The faster you are wearing out your
oil and your engine.  People that are good at understanding RPMs read by
the tachometer can judge their speed and fuel usage and shift patterns
directly off it.  Even if it's an automatic transmission.  You may need
a shift kit installed, talk to a good mechanic and tell them what you do
with the truck.


Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net.
Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp
Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp

Ride Long and Ride Safe!!


[RC] that rpm 'thingy' is called a tachometer, Kearby, Kate G Civ 748 CBSG/IS