Home Current News News Archive Shop/Advertise Ridecamp Classified Events Learn/AERC
Endurance.Net Home Ridecamp Archives
[Archives Index]   [Date Index]   [Thread Index]   [Author Index]   [Subject Index]

[RC] that rpm 'thingy' is called a tachometer - Kearby, Kate G Civ 748 CBSG/IS

Crusing it should read about 2000-2200 RPM , if you are winding it out to 3000 very much.  Should be when you are picking up speed to get on hiway or just before you shift up.  More than that I’d be hunting a bigger truck and in the meantime keep an eye on things like engine oil temp.  the higher rpm’s, that’s revolutions per minute your engine is going, the more gas you are using.  The faster you are wearing out your oil and your engine.  People that are good at understanding RPMs read by the tachometer can judge their speed and fuel usage and shift patterns directly off it.  Even if it’s an automatic transmission.  You may need a shift kit installed, talk to a good mechanic and tell them what you do with the truck.