Re: [RC] truck box - Susan

This advice may come too late now...but, take a wax pencil like we put #s on our horses with, or a permanent marker and draw a straight line on your tool box even with the ball.  When you're hooking up you'll simply line the line on your box up with the center of the hitch that comes down from the gooseneck.  You'll have to figure out when to stop by knowing how much of the hitch you can see when you're directly over the ball.

Will you be at No Hands in 2 weeks?  You can look at my set-up and Dad can give you better directions than me.

Betsy O'Shea <betsy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks to everyone for the info on the truck box.  I was able to trade a western saddle for the truck box today and it is now installed in my truck  :))  Are there any tips for driving it with a gooseneck, like turning and backing?  I can no longer see the ball, so I ordered a gadget from Valley  Vet so I can see the ball.
Betsy

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)