[RC] Soperton directions from SC - Mike Lewis

I have to work late on Friday and may not be able to leave for Million Pines until late Friday evening or very early Saturday.  Yahoo Maps puts time to Soperton from Columbia, SC at about 4 hours, heading down I-20 to US-1/US-221.  Can anyone comment on pulling to Soperton on US-221?  Are there lots of stops and slowdowns in small towns, are is the route pretty expedient?  I'm wanting to stay as close to 4 hours of travel time as I can and don't trust computer directions for giving reliable trip time.

Thank you,

Mike Lewis
Admin, www.usendurance.net