[RC] Closed cell foam vs open cell foam pads - Charlene Large - sherman

Char, did you get your answer to this question yet. I can’t remember when you posted, or when I wrote this reply, but it was in my drafts, so I must’ve had to leave the computer before I got it sent. Hope this helps.

I think the closed cell foam would hold in heat. I have a Thinline open cell foam pad, was told it was okay to use directly on the horse, but I prefer to use it over my Woolback. So far, no heat build-up problems, but the hot season is not here yet. When it is, and when Tevis is past, I may try it directly on the horse and see what happens. I believe the  Thinline has made a difference in my back (less stress, pain) possibly due to higher shock absorbtion, so perhaps the horse is getting a similar benefit.

Kathy

anybody have any thoughts on closed cell foam vs open
cell (tempupedic-type) foam pads? which one has better
shock absorbtion? anything else?

Thanks,
Char