[RC] Saddle Pads - sherman

I don’t do a lot of rides, but I do still get miles & miles of conditioning done. I use both the Toklat Woolback and the triple thick Coolback pads. I’ve never had any problem with sore or overheated backs. No skin problems, no loin rubbing, etc. Sometimes in the summer I use a cut to size ¼ inch thin felt pad underneath & wash it often, saves me from washing the thicker pads often. One of my 5 horses needs an additional pad, so I’ve added the Thinline. I use that on top of a standard thickness Woolback because although the Thinline is not supposed to retain heat, until I know for sure, I don’t feel comfortable using it next to the horse. It is recommended for use next to the horse though, so I might try that after the summer and see if it causing any skin irritation.

Kathy

Mike wrote:

I think I have a Toklat wool pad... had it for a number of years and the tag wore off long ago.

No real problems with the pad... but it is the only pad I own so I will obviously need to acquire more before riding 50s and 100s.  Just want to make a good decision on what pad to buy that will do the job well without being extravagant.