[RC] re: heart murmurs - Cindy Collins

One of our AERC hall of fame stallions, Sierra Fadwah, had a mild heart murmur.? Was not an issue.? Also, I rode a double Bezatal granddaughter (Crystal Rock daughter) who had a mild heart murmur.? The only time it EVER caused us any trouble on an endurance ride was in 1993 when a very inexperienced vet was filling in on the BH 100 at the last vet check and he heard her murmur and assumed it was a problem.? He held me up an extra 30 mins. and we ended up over time at the finish line.? It was a heart breaker for me since she looked great and had great recoveries all the way through.? She may have looked better at the finish line than any other horse I've ever ridden on that ride.? "That's the breaks," I know.? So, a mild heart murmur probably shouldn't be any problem.? Cindy

Cindy Collins