RE: [RC] [CTR] coggins testing - Alice Yovich

You are absolutely supposed to have a coggins on the horse. They were willing to pay to have the coggins done themselves, but the folks couldn’t be bothered to even be there. HE’s just a horse. We’re walking away. He was just a good price, size, and temperament. The kids really liked him and felt comfortable on him. He belonged to a friend of a friend and we were trying to get him sold. I don’t’ think we can trust them to give back the money if he came up as positive. I don’t believe they are that trustworthy. The family situation of this horse is really complicated and dramatic…just more reasons not to get involved.

From: Betty & Ken Wolgram [mailto:bkwranch@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 9:09 PM
To: natrc4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Ctr; Alice Yovich
Cc: ridecamp
Subject: Re: [CTR] coggins testing

It's not against the law in Colorado, but I thought Texas required a Coggins....if I really wanted the horse bad enough, I guess I'd cough up the money for the Coggins myself.

 I wouldn't buy any horse without a negative Coggins, and I definitely wouldn't pay up front expecting a refund, since if a horse has a positive Coggins they should be euthanized immediately.

irus Database: 268.18.26/746 - Release Date: 4/4/2007 1:09 PM