RE: [RC] [RC] Horses and "fun" - Jim Holland

Cheryl...

Congratulations....you have arrived. You have your priorities in order.  I
started Endurance many years ago the same way...that "trail rider buddy"
became my Endurance mentor....and taught me that you always ride with the
welfare of your horse foremost in your mind...always.

My neighbor Linda has been riding "Sunny" off and on for exercise, since he
is "retired".  I have been "laid off" for some time due to medical problems
and some surgery.  Lately Linda has been riding him with me and Magic a lot
as I try to get back into shape.  The other day on the way home she
commented "Sunny reads my mind....I was thinking I should trot here and he
did...and then I wanted to walk...and he did...but I never cued him!!!" She
is beginning to understand what it means to be "part of the horse"..not know
where you end and he begins and the communication becomes empathic. One
horse, one rider, many miles.

Sadly, too many just don't "get it" and will never experience that "bond".

Obviously, you...AND your horse...do...and it's FUN for both of you.  Don't
lose it...it's priceless.

Best....

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

Richard T. "Jim" Holland