RE: [RC] Safety issues with spot-on type bug control? - Important Info! - Sharon Levasseur

FYI everyone… I called Equi-Spot today and they were very clear about the instruction that this type of product should NOT be applied more than every 14 days, even if it stops working.  I asked what product would be safe to use for those last few days and they weren’t willing to answer… they said “call the company that makes the other product you’re interested in and ask them if it will react with the 45% permethrin”.

My plan if I get Equi-Spot (which is the cheapest in my area), is to use it in combination with fly predators and Flicks all-natural bug spray… 5 types of oils that repel bugs nicely if you reapply every day.  You do have to brush it into the hair like we discussed last week, though, for it to really work.  I haven’t called Flicks yet but I will, even though I can’t imagine that natural oils would be a problem.

Hope that helps someone,

-Sharon L. in Maine