[RC] Reducing risk - sherman

I’ve never been to a ridecamp where vets circulated around during the night to check on horses, instead it’s my experience is that it’s time to go home for most, unless there is a problem already being addresssed. Often, our rigs have to be moved out by 10PM after the ride as we are on private property and gates are being locked, and sometimes, such as at the American River Ride, the rigs need to be moved while we’re on the ride as it is a point to point ride and there is certainly no room at the end point for all the rigs to stay another night.

I think we’d be eliminating many of the non-competitive “just ride for the finish & enjoy the trail” riders, (and the rides they attend) if we resorted to rules like this. Just my thoughts.

Kathy

Leonard.Liesens wrote:

Also, we are happy to go to bed after the race knowing that there will be one or two vets circulating around the stables... Now it is not always as ideal as one would like it. Sometimes there can be also some anarchy in the way the FEI rules are enforced in some countries. But in most western europe countries, I can tell you that we can rely on the vets to take care of the horse.