[RC] URGENT: Easyboot Bare sizing/fitting question - Tx Trigger - sherman

Yes, it really helps to keep a good rasp handy. Just a little chip pointing out or up can make it very difficult to put a boot on that usually fits well. I keep a rasp in the barn and one in the trailer. I do also rasp a bit if the horses aren’t wearing down their hooves enough between trims, although most do.  I don’t trim the heel bars or do any “nipping”, I leave that for the farrier, but in between his visits, I still like to keep a nice clean trim hoof. And if I didn’t, yes, I’’d be using the next size boot towards the end.

Kathy

You may even have to consider that you need 2 sets if you are not doing your own trimming. A pair of #1's for the first few weeks of the trim, and a pair of #2's  for the last few weeks for the trim.  Just a consideration if the horse is that close to the size jump. (I know, not what you wanted to hear, eh?)  :-)

I think that a lot of the folks using the boots full time are doing a lot of their own trimming and rasping.

Jonni