[RC] My endurance horse died in a pasture accident - Tx Trigger

My old endurance horse died because of a pasture accident too. Running and playing with the others, and from the marks we found on the ground, ran into a corner post, flipped, broke his back, and never got up. Held his head in my lap as we put him down, thinking how ironic. All this horse did, from distance riding, to carriage driving, and he was finally "retired". He had lived most of his life in CA, in a 12x24, and finally had pasture, and he took a wrong move and that was it. My joke is, we can wrap them in bubble wrap, and keep them in padded stalls, and they will figure out how to take a bite of the bubble wrap and choke and die. When it is their time, it is their time. Yes, we can try to consider what risk we might put them in, but as in my case, the horse had done some more risky sports in the eyes of some, and died because he was being a horse.

Jonni