[RC] Reducing risks - Skyla Stewart

Thanks Bruce, hopefully something will come from your idea.  I wanted to share a current concern I am dealing with, the kind that your instincts are on "red alert" over. I had a newbie ask me to mentor them, which I've done many and am usually happy to do so. I am very protective (controlling to some) over both horse and rider, as I have been around and seen WAY too many horses down from over zealous types. This "newbie" scares me, and I can not seem to get any of the responses I normally get. I am not getting the feedback I feel they should be giving after 8 months or so of interaction-not all riding during this time though.  I can't make inroads with this person and so will have to just let it go. I hope things work out fine, which they may. Seen too much of this "type" in the past and am not comfortable, but that is "MY" failing, and not to be blamed on anyone else. I've done what I can, the rest is up to the rider.

The only piece of advice I felt maybe, just maybe this person WOULD HEAR (not so sure though) was: when you feel the urge to "go faster" that is YOUR first warning sign NOT to. This is for this particular individual, raw unexperienced (both with horses and riding) newbieness. A person that loves to run, and wouldn't know the horse was stressed until it couldn't/wouldn't go, and a horse that ignores it's own stress.

Skyla

Be a PS3 game guru.