[RC] FEI, international, AERC part 1 - oddfarm

The last President's Cup race and the negative comments I received about my thoughts on the race have kept me from commenting on subjects for a while only because I can't drink that much.<:-Oh, noooo! I have thought about that race a lot. My views haven't changed.

I am cross posting this because there are a few things I wanted to address and they come from both sites.

First of all, while I realize that posting to either forum doesn't necessarily mean the right people will read it, I also know first hand that trying to contact some previous and current board members doesn't work well, either. You know, cause they have their own lives and all. So Jim's suggestion that more Board members read the digest and RC is good one. That way they can read comments on their own time, and answer in their own time either by responding publicly or privately, e-mail or phone call. That is a lot of choices so there really is no reason for BOD's not to respond. Lack of communication and poor communication has been the norm for too long, IMO.

I believe there is a much larger pool of members who have valid input and common sense ways of voicing their concerns but choose to be lurkers instead for fear of retaliation or just plain being ignored. If only I could share some of the ugly e-mails I have received from "those obviously more knowledgeable than me because they tell me so". What do I know about FEI and FEI vets? I don't know, what do I NEED to know?? I don't know, I never got an answer to that one. I guess those that are "in the know" don't want the rest of us to know.