[RC] re: WEF summary - Cindy Collins

Steph-I think that's what I was trying to say, obviously poorly.? It seems that many members do share concerns on ridecamp about important issues, one of which is AERC-I.? ?I am very happy for USA riders to go to international rides and I enjoy reading many of their stories.? That does not mean that I like the AERC tangled up in endurance racing on the international level.? Yes, horse welfare needs to continue to be addressed in the AERC.? However, reading what is being reported by those of you who attend these races and meetings, it appears there is much that is in direct conflict with the overall goals of AERC. ?I find the concept of halting the "race" after the first 10 riders (or whatever number) complete to be particularly offensive to the goals of AERC. ?But, back to my point.? You and I have even talked about issues on ridecamp and agreed that a majority of riders seems to agree on some issue...yet, "that issue" never seems to get discussed, much less addressed by the BOD of AERC.? My question was why these issues seem to be avoided.? I do know that many BOD members read ridecamp and the AERC list.? What I wanted was some honest discussion on why these issues don't seem to ever be addressed.? It sometimes feels like a minority runs the show.? International was really only one example in my mind.??

Cindy Collins