Re: [RC] question for Truman on his FEI opinion - SandyDSA

In a message dated 4/1/2007 1:46:59 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, neighpersay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
AERC should not ALLOW FEI competitions in the US?  That certainly would take care of the problem any US rider wishing to compete Internationally would have to cross the borders to qualify.  AERC and FEI are separate although they coexist at a very few rides in the US.  I don't understand why you hate FEI and evidently any person who chooses to compete Internationally.
I don't think Truman said anything of the kind; in fact I THINK I understood Truman to support the position that AERC and FEI should be mutually exclusive, with neither one dictating ANYTHING to the other. While they may co-exist at some events, an AERC event should be the ruling body at a AERC event. FEI has many events and disciplines - AERC only one. I think that instead of hatred - a very strong word - there is certainly a full issue of irritation since some rides use FEI rules and that does put out some people, and rightfully so, since one can go to their favorite ride in 1998 then go again in 1999 and the rules have changed. Also, I think others, as I do, will not accept AERC being dictated to by other orgs. In addition, there is a worthy concern about the actions of other and similar sports reflecting poorly on AERC, when - and I say WHEN - something goes wrong.

See what's free at AOL.com.