[RC] Game Open: Please Register for eScrip - Stanford Medicine & Horses - Beverley H. Kane, MD

Title: Game Open: Please Register for eScrip - Stanford Medicine & Horses
Dear Ridecampers,

As many of you know, I teach a course called Medicine & Horses to
Stanford medical students. The class uses the sensitivity and social
dynamics of horses to teach ”bedside manner” for the doctor-patient
relationship. This non-riding elective employs horses that are retired,
 lame, or otherwise unrideable.
One of our star horses is a PMU
rescue, giving us the opportunity to educate future doctors about the
ethics of Premarin.

Check out the NBC news video at the URL below! (The white Arab is mine.
The big bay is the PMU rescue.)

Since Stanford doesn’t fund this elective, we must be self-supporting.
We are doing this through eScrip, a program in which participating
merchants pay dividends to our program when you register your credit
cards with Medicine & Horses.

Please go to eScrip at http://www.escrip.com and register your
credit, debit, and Macy’s cards. The name of our program is
“Stanford Medicine and Horses.”
Then shop online at Macy’s,
Eddie Bauer, Land’s End and >700 others and in stores such as Macy’s,
Whole Foods, and Round Table Pizza. We will get a dividend
at no cost to  you. And you still get your airline miles and other card
rewards. For Xtreme support, take out an eScrip VISA, where every
purchase pays a dividend.

Please forward this message to other horse lovers (or to victims
of poor bedside manner!)

Thanks.

Beverley

______________________________________
Beverley Kane, MD
Program Co-Director, Medicine and Horses
Stanford School of Medicine
Center for Education in Family and Community Medicine
1215 Welch Road - Modular H
Palo Alto, CA 94305-5408
650-868-3379
http://familymed.stanford.edu/

See Stanford "Medicine & Horses" on NBC-TV
http://www.horsensei.com/nbcnews.html