Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] FEI/AERC - Truman Prevatt

I sure hate to admit it- but Jody is right. AERC riders are 99% good eggs that are caring about their horses and 1% rotten eggs. We need to identify the repeat offenders - take them out somewhere in the deep Alabama woods and fix the problem or maybe bring them down to the FL swamp, tie a concrete block to their legs and let the gators solve the problem. You will never define a rule that will keep the jerk that wants to abuse his horse from doing it. But in your effort you will punish all good riders.

The real issue as I see it is the AERC doesn't have the balls to step up to the plate and punish the people who need it!

BTW folks since I am on a roll - don't forget to watch the Gator chomp tomorrow night as the Florida Gators move one step closer to doing what has been not done since 1991 - win back to back NCAA men's basketball championship and doing what has never been done wining NCAA football and men's basketball championship in the same school year. Go Gators!

Truman

Jody Rogers-Buttram wrote:
If your talking about making it a "standard" off time between rides, be very careful while treading that direction.
Most of what goes on HERE (AERC) is not a problem of repeat offenders, but some that do override, and some that just have things go wrong. Not to say that we don't have a few repeat offenders and I am certainly against them being
allowed to continue...but they are only a couple. The rest of us don't need to be policed.
Jody

--

“Since when have we Americans been expected to bow submissively to authority and speak with awe and reverence to those who represent us?” Justice William O. Douglas