Re: [RC] Still don't get it - Truman Prevatt

EZ care produces boots. The also sell boots whole sale to tack shops. I can find EZ boots at both farrier supply houses in Ocala and three tack shops there. The local tack shop is the boot store in you example - not EZ care. If I am going to support someone that gives me local service and is a member of the local community I am going to buy the boot from my local tack shop - not EZ care. I remember stopping by a farrier supply house in Ocala one time and noted in amazement he carried NBS shoes. When asked him if he just started to carry them he said he had carried them ever since they had been out and asked why I asked. When I told him that when I called the company that made them and they didn't tell me someone a few miles from me carried them - he got a bit miffed and rightly so.

EZ care can't have it both ways. They can't try to sell to me by mail order trying to get the sell from my local tack shops they sell whole sale to while complaining about people buying boots from some other mail order house.

Truman

Tx Trigger wrote:
>>>Why would you want to buy from easy care if you know you are spending more?<<<
While Bobs posts sound like there is some personal ax to grind against Easycare, I'll toss out some thoughts.
My husband recently needed a new pair of boots for him (not his horse). We went to a local tack shop that had a good selection, tried on a few pairs, and had a salesperson in there that was very helpful finding the right boot for his needs. While I know I could have gone home with the boot style, and size, and ordered for much less on line, we bought them from the store that serviced our needs.
I can apply that to Easycare. How many companies can you e-mail with some of the most basic to complicated technical questions on how to use a piece of equipment, and they will be HAPPY to e-mail you back, or talk to you on the phone, helping you figure out how to get the best possible results from their product? With many large companies, you are lucky to have someone help you that has even used the product, much less have someone use it on a daily basis, and actually be part of the development team for that product.
It is not always about paying the least, but also getting the service you desire. That of course is not to say you can not buy from one of the on line retailers, and still call Easycare direct for any help and assistance, as they are very customer service minded.
Customer service, product development etc. is worth something to some of us, and that is maybe why some have NO problem spending a little more to buy direct if desired. But again, it seems there is more to this that Bob might be indicating, for him to continue to beat this issue, and to continue to name Easycare in his posts, instead of a generic product and company.
Jonni in TX

--

“Since when have we Americans been expected to bow submissively to authority and speak with awe and reverence to those who represent us?” Justice William O. Douglas