Re: [RC] How I was(n't) recruited - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

The WORST that they can do is say, "Go away and leave me alone."  But I
have YET to have anybody ever do this.  Of course, you have to do it at
a time when they aren't obviously busy with their own thing.  You can
even do this to Hilda Gurney at a dressage show, just so long as it
isn't when she is about to get on and ride.<

kat
Orange County, Calif.

Thank you, Kat, for your post, especially the kudos to Hilda Gurney.  She is
the consumate professional.  However, I beg to differ with you on one point!
EVEN when she is about to go into the ring she will give you the time of day!
I didn't realize one year that she was getting ready to go into the ring (at
Rancho Murrietta no less) and asked her about the horse that she was up on.
She said, "Let me give you my phone number to give me a call next week and we
can discuss this guy!"  I took her number and went up to the bleachers and low
and behold she was the next one up.

When I called her the following week I apologized.  She was STILL the ever
professional.  Anyone that has the opportunity to talk with Hilda - pick her
mind about CONFORMATION!  :)  She is the best!

True professional horsemen and women are few and far between.  I'd like to
think that most of the posters, on RideCamp, that have been the years of
experience and time under their horses, would, in fact, give all of us new
comers the time of day (at reasonable times of course).  :)  Thanks again, Kat,
for reminding me of Hilda.

D'Arcy