[RC] recruited - jeanmiller

I wasn't recruited either.  I went cold stone to my very first endurance ride in Wisconsin in 1970!!  It was a 100.  Somehow I heard about the sport after I did a supposedly 25 mile ride in the Cleveland metro parks.  That ride was a joke, it was a show ride on trail.  But I learned alot!  When I went to the 100, I learned more.  I finished 50 of that 100, got to talk to the head vet who also vetted Tevis.  He gave me tons of advice which I still follow with some extras added on here and there as they fit my game plan.  The only ugly advice I was given was by another rider.  He told me to race into the vet check so I would have a great pulse drop!!!!  Needless to say I was almost pulled at the first vet check but I learned from that too.  I learned not to race into a vet check, and I also learned not to believe everything I was told.  Jeanie