Fw: [RC] Sprained fetlock - Chrystal Woodhouse

-
HI :-) my mare sprained her fetlock last summer, though she was never grade 4, I iced and poulticed it until all the heat and swelling went, she was on some sort of drugs from the vet and then I left her alone for 3 and a half months, I tried riding a few times in that time, if I just walked we were fine however if I increased the speed then the next day she would be a bit warm again. Anyway after the 3 1/2 months I started her back slowly and so far so good!  I have had her back in training for  4 months  we are jumping 2ft and doing 11 mile  fast conditioning rides with no problems in her fetlock! Yahoo!! I was surprised  at how long it took to be completely healed but am glad I took the time so that now we don't have any issues.:-) ( I am now going to knock on some wood.:-))

"Mike and Laurie Hilyard" <PFmorabs@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

03/26/2007 03:00 PM

"Ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[RC]   Sprained fetlock

My son's pony has come up 3 legged lame.  The vet said it wasn't broken, thought I would see some improvement by next week.  Anybody have any ideas about how long before she's travelling at a grade 1, instead of a grade 4?