From: Beth Bliss <bcbliss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Ridecamp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2007 3:36:20 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Shoes for the Rider

I would like some suggestions on shoes to try, please.

I usually ride in HiTec hiking boots.  I was sold the year I bought a new pair and hiked to Longs Peak the next day without any shoe caused foot problems.  Ever since, I have ridden in them as well, and find they are comfortable on and off the horse.  It may be worth a try for you.  I have converted a few friends, and they likewise are happy with them. We like the El Dorado style.  I bought a pair of the Rainier style that is leather and waterproof with a steel shank when they were on sale, but they are not as comfortable for me.

I have 3 pairs.  My "going to town" pair, my riding pair, and my retired riding pair which I use for yard and gardening work.  When my gardening pair falls apart, I buy a new pair.  The going to town pair then becomes my riding pair, and my riding pair becomes my gardening pair.  Can you tell I LOVE them?
In winter I ride in "Muck"boots for warmth.  I got the English riding style - has a reflector and spur rest.  They are working nicely for me as well.  I find myself slipping them on to do chores.  You can walk through puddles and shallow water and not get your feet wet.
There is absolutely no fashion consideration to these choices, only comfort.  Happy feet make happy people.

Good luck on finding what works for you.
Beth