Re: [RC] Elytes - Truman Prevatt

Bruce Weary wrote:

So, theories abound,
often derived from common sense, our observations and experience. But I
have found, as have many others, that things often work in a
"counterintuitive" way. In other words, differently than we might first
assume based on what we think we know. The debate and the mystery
continues................ Dr Q
Our intuition is based on our observations and our experience and to some extent on our preconceived notions. Mother nature doesn't know anything about our intuition nor does she care. Mother nature works the way Mother nature choses to work - not how we want her to. Many times I have thought that she takes great pleasure in watching us struggle to figure her out.

The information that seems to be coming out of the death reports might just contain a valuable insight as to stressors that put some horses over the edge. If it is not "all the things we thought" then that is actually good news - since fixing all the things we thought would not do any good.

As Neils Bohr once stated about the on going turmoil in the first half of the 20th century arising out of the rapidly growing understanding of our physical world. "The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." I think we may be seeing just that - the opposite of a "profound truth" in endurance riding. We should pay attention - it is probably important to our horses.

In that dichotomy may lie a clue.

Truman

--

“Since when have we Americans been expected to bow submissively to authority and speak with awe and reverence to those who represent us?” Justice William O. Douglas