[RC] vaccine reaction - Teena

Hello ridecamp

I had my horses get there spring vaccines along with strangles and rabies and west niles which they get every year with no problem, the day after there vaccines I came out and my 8yr old was panting and would not walk I call the vet and they said to bring him in that it sound like a reaction to the vaccine. He had a temp of 101.5 and heart rate at 67 we ended up hospitalize him were they diagnose him with reaction to the strangles vaccine which caused toxic laminitis (front legs only) They started him on dmso drip along with ace and some other meds.  He came home three days later doing really well with no lameness x-rays showed that his right front turned only centimeters we got him on pads with wraps we will do x-rays again in 3 weeks.  My question is has anyone had a horse that has had toxic laminitis and was the horse able later on go on and do endurance rides and if so how did they do?  My horse has done 2 years of endurance along with multi-days without a pull, and I would like to continue so if its possible the vets say he would be able to continue since we caught it early.

Thank you for any input

Teena Padilla