[RC] Mt Lion Information - sherman

Probably it’d be better to say they don’t “usually” attack for sport. We had a rogue mt. lion in our neighborhood a few years ago that killed 4 goats one afternoon. When the tracker found the den, there was a sheep there also, which was only one of two that were missing in the previous days. It was theorized that the goats were a fun kill since it had plenty of food stashed away.

Kathy

Karen wrote:

Anyway, it’s interesting reading and should prove that we don’t really know much about Cougars and their habits.  To say they never attack for sport would be silly in my opinion.   I can’t imagine they’re much different than any other cat in that respect.