[RC] BC2A/L-carnitine - sherman

What I got from reading both the human & equine info is that it is synthesized in the body from other nutrients, and that claims of benefits from supplementing with it could not be proven scientifically. Now I realize that there still could be some benefit, just not able to prove it in studies, but it seems that unless there is an actual deficiency, there’s probably no reason to supplement with it. The human study goes into much more detail about what it’s responsible for in the body and shows that certainly if there is a deficiency of it in the body, supplements are needed, but also that if there is no shortage in the body, the kidneys flush out the excess so it will appear in higher amounts in the urine, but excess is not being absorbed in the body.

At least that’s how I interpreted it.

Kathy