RE: [RC] [RC] Time to ride him yet? - Skyla Stewart - Katrina Mosshammer

LOL... I know exactly what you mean. I took my old man out a couple of years ago with a friend. The local club she belongs to was having a pleasure ride. Wasn't a long ride, about 12 miles, but it took us literally all day long. We were stopping constantly. My old man just couldn't figure out why we spent almost as much time standing on trail as moving. He doesn't get to go very often, so he was excited and wanted to go and got ancy when I not only wouldn't let him move out but also made him keep stopping. By the time we got a mile or so out of camp he finally gave up and decided to walk. When we got back to camp one of the guys came past me and said "Looks like you finally got that horse broken in." I just smiled and said " Yeah, you think he'd know better after 24 years."

Katrina

[RC] Time to ride him yet? - Skyla Stewart

I guess because the old devil is coming 26 years old!!!  Lord, if this was a young horse I would be asking myself "why" too.  LOL  This is what life is about sometimes, oh so sweet the memories...even if my arm is sore. :oP

Skyla and Tempo-who is embarrassed by Habod's behavior even if his Mom thinks it funny.