Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.4716 - Chipnml

In a message dated 3/15/2007 9:55:34 P.M. Central Standard Time, ridecamp-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
IMO, the relationship between a horse or dog with humans in much more of a
companion animal than any other types of animals. That's the difference to
me.

I dunno.....I have an awfully hard time eating bacon after getting to know several piggies up close and personal.  They are vary engaging and intelligent animals.  That being said...here on the farm where I live, the owners raise sheep.  They are given excellent care, huge pastures, and are brought in small groups to the local butcher to be slaughtered.  Same thing with the eggs and chicken I get from a friend who raises--and butchers--them herself.  I have no problem eating an animal that has been treated kindly and killed humanely.  I did eat dog once in the Philippines, but they didn't tell me what it was until the next day.  Dont know if I could have otherwise, and I'd probably be the same about horses.

Chip