Re: [RC] endurance discussion topic - Barbara McCrary

We have a cutoff time for a reduced entry fee.  After that, the fee is the regular price.  For anyone who contacts us to cancel before the ride, we will void and destroy their check.  For anyone who does not contact us until after the ride, or does not contact us at all, we retain their check.  It's as simple as that.  It's pretty easy to call, fax or e-mail a cancellation.  We don't even retain a fee if the rider's horse fails to pass the pre-ride check. We offer a ride at a fair price, and we don't have a scheme to gouge the rider.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 7:47 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] endurance discussion topic

I am just grateful that these events are around. One pet peeve - when there is a deadline to sign up, honor it.. When someone cannot make the ride, especially when the date changes, honor the requirement to refund the entry. We now will not sign up early because of this situation. I guess if there is a limited number of riders it is different, but otherwise I am part of the trend to sign up late so that I don't LOSE that escalating fee. JMHO