[RC] Cat Shot -- Part II (OT yet again) - Valerie Jaques

First off, our one shot kitty is doing relatively well.  He did develop liver disease and has been on a feeding tube for two weeks, but is recovering nicely.

Now I must abjectly apologize to my pigeon-raising neighbor.  It appears very unlikely that he shot our kitty.  It turns out that another cat in the neighborhood was killed (posted on craigslist dot com according to a client).  And today, when I took the other kitty in for his routine annual physical, it turns out he has a bullet in him, too!  I'm sure I remember him coming home with a wound in his side that we took for having occured as the result of a fight several months ago.  Now I have to come up with yet more money to get the bullet out of this kitty, who has also developed a heart murmur!  The vet feels he could do quite well with the heart disease for many years, but the bullet must come out as soon as possible.  Apparently, a lot of cats with this particular disease do well for a long time even without medication.

To make this at least a little endurance related, I guess I'll be working a great deal to pay for all these vet bills, so I won't be doing a lot of endurance riding!  Okay, tortured logic on making that related.....