[RC] DWA Medina- the follow up - Margaret Desarno

Today I had over 100 emails- most from Ridecamp and
many including very generous donations to help out.
Thank YOU SO much from the bottorm of my heart (and
all the horses we are able to help).

What I would like to do is ask if one person, who
posts on here often and is known by other folks in the
Arab world, would provide me with their phone number
so I can make one direct call next time I see an Arab
in need. (Maybe this person even has access to run a
tattoo, if we find a racing Arab?) Often I make calls
like this directly from the feedlot, and time is of
the essence.  I then post pictures directly on the
website, but often don't have the time to get through
my emails. Does this make sence?
Ideally by having one point of contact, we can make
sure the truth is told and the horse gets out safely.
You will see on the website-
http://coloradotbrescue.org/the_feedlot.html a picture
of a grey older Arab that was sold and slaughtered
through the auction a few months ago.  The owners
walked him through the auction ring and left him with
the slaughter buyer.  We were unable to secure the
funds to save him or locate a home for him.  I have a
feeling, with the support of this board, we can help a
lot fo slaughter bound Arabs.

I met Tennesse on the trails this week.  I want you
a'll to know, her horses are well cared for, and she
is really upset by the whole situation.  I call every
owner of a horse we have found, and most don't return
my calls.  I have never met an owner as helpful as
Tennesse- and as sincerely interested in the horse's
adoptive home as she has been.  Tennesse has contacted
the adopter and told her everything she knows about
Medina.  Medina is working out wonderfully in her new
home.

Thanks again
Margaret
www.ColoradoTBrescue.org