Re: [RC] Let's get back to endurance -- - SandyDSA

yes for sure - and I am kind of curious - aside from the "known" lines of Hyannis and Rushcreek, I get people asking about whether or not Spanish or Egyptian horses do well in endurance. Frankly, I have not seen enough Spanish Arabians in endurance to even make a call on that one. Is it because they have not competed much so are not proven or is it because they are just not that kind of material. People also seem to think that the SE horses are too "crazy" to do it - yet our own SE stallion is just the opposite. My personal first love is Fadjur thanks to my first Arabian mare...and that would be my horse of choice for most anything. A decade ago, or even two, the sport was really too diverse and individualized to be able to make any real assumption - but I would like to know who is riding what and why. Who is competing year after year - not the flash in the pan horses but the ones who compete year after year, finish regularly and stay sound. Thoughts?