[RC] fundraising/money in endurance - Hoovinit

   In reading the many posts about endurance people who ARE concerned about the welfare of horses and the slaughter/auction issue, it makes me wonder why there isn't more fundraising going at rides? I've only been to a few, but couldn't help but notice the amount of "wealth" there seems to be among many endurance riders- so many fancy new trucks, rigs and motor homes!  I know some of them probably already do donate to charitable organizations, but can't help but wonder if more couln't be done in the area of fundraising. If there was more of an awareness raised at rides, maybe some who are turning their head and looking the othe way, could be enticed to dig in their pockets a little and give, and then they would find out how good it does feel if they hadn't experienced it before :)