Re: [RC] euthanization - Amy

Morbid, but might be good to know just in case...I read that where you want to shoot them for an instantaneous death is draw a line from the right ear to left eye and then left ear to right eye and where the lines intersect is the right spot.  Do those of you who have used this method agree?

Amy
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:37 PM
Subject: RE: [RC] euthanization

I hope I never again live in an area so populated that I cannot use a well-placed gunshot as the euthanasia method of choice, and then allow nature to take care of the carcass.  Nature has been adequately disposing of bodies in wide open spaces since time immemorial, but overcrowding keeps this from being an option for many horse owners.