Re: [RC] vet check questions - Susan

Horses are like humans in that they get hot and nervous.  Topper wolfs down his evening meal (such a comforting sound...slurp! slurp! slurp!...almost like a generator!) but gets picky during the ride.  Sometimes he doesn't eat at all during a check but then decides he's a starvin' Marvin' on trail.  That grass is good stuff and well worth the time.  Charlie is a different cat.  I have to fix his evening meal differently each day.  So, know your horse.  Also, get with your friends and share stuff.  Charlie will walk around and nibble out of eveyone elses' stuff.

jen <bsbat@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Laney, your response about your horse not eating his BP mash at the ride has
me intrigued. Any theories as to why? Also, any other horses out there who
do this? I will be bringing hay, BP mash, apples and carrots, but I would
be very worried if he refused to eat his BP. Again, thanks in advance.
Jen M. and Banjo

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)