[RC] Rescues in need-euthanasia - Karen Everhart

It baffles me too as I FULLY believe that euthanasia
can be a "gift" and also a "reasonable solution".  I
can assure you that we are both intellectual in our
decision making as well as emotional.  I always say
to my Medical Director, who is very passionate about
horses, "I cannot afford to treat if it means I
cannot feed the rest".

Of course I have to remember that I spent a number
of years as a Hospice Administrator and see the end
of the "circle of life" as normal and nothing to be
fearful of. Perhaps that influences my thought
process.

Karen Everhart MEd, President
Rainbow Meadows Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com  620-725-3402

Owner/Operator
Horse Calls - Equine Management Solutions
Centered Riding Instructor
Distance Horse Conditioning and Training
www.horsecalls.com  316-648-5082