[RC] Registration - court order mess. - sherman

Breeders, you probably know the answer here. You are allowed to sell a registered horse without its papers for whatever reason you choose, right? Often it is done because the owner feels they cannot get enough money for them, and don’t want to include the value of the papers. Sometimes it’s an emotional decision, sometimes a business decision. In either case, the buyer who buys the horse knowing they are not getting the papers doesn’t have a claim to them. At least that’s my understanding.

I bought a “registered Arabian” about 4 years ago. When I asked for the papers, I was given a copy of the papers, told the original would follow. Well, the old man that had owned Storm had lost the originals and they were nowhere to be found. I was able to get his papers since Storm was sold to me as a registered horse, since without his papers he wasn’t considered registered.

Kathy