Re: [RC] Registration - court order mess... - Keith Kibler

I am sorry but this advice is not correct in most jurisdictions. Small claims courts usually only have jurisdictional power to award money up to a certain amount, they do not have power to order people to do things or not to do things. That requires a court with that type of jurisdiction or power. I sent her some advice of how to go about what she needs to do.
Keith
  ----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 1:34 PM
Subject: RE: [RC] Registration - court order mess...

If you are web-fluent many of the Universities have law libraries. You can
look up what is required to file the correct paperwork. You will need
to find out exactly what the "Court Order" is that you need.

I'm guessing that you could file in small claims for the paperwork.
He he does not show up as a defendant you will have a default
order to produce the paperwork which should work for the registry.

I know the University in Little Rock has a Law Library online and
I think Harvard does too.

Good luck and never, never give up.