Re: [RC] Raffles breeding - Barbara McCrary

I don't entirely agree with this.  We have several horses of different  breeding on our place, all in the same footing conditions.  Some have excellent feet and a couple have poor feet.  Must have something to do with genetics.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 7:45 AM
Subject: RE: [RC] Raffles breeding

A couple other people wrote me offline.  I think it has more to do with the environment (and maybe the farrier’s know-how) and gets blamed on genetics.  You have an excellent environment for building feet.  The farriers who were complaining live in areas where the horses are in mush much of the year.  I don’t really think it has much to do with the breeding J

Karen